Mark Caskey founded Steel Nation Buildings in 2008. As a resident of Western Pennsylvania, Mark followed the industry that cropped up in the region since the beginning of the Marcellus Shale boom. When he visited one of the first Marcellus compressor stations located near his office, Mark was appalled by the noise levels. Drawing upon his years of experience erecting steel buildings for the coal industry, Mark saw an opportunity to serve the oil and gas industry with specialty-designed steel buildings that are cool, quiet, and safe. Steel Nation Buildings was then conceived.
Mark Caskey is instrumental in leading the entire Design-Build process for Steel Nation. From the design of projects, through estimating, contract negotiations, scheduling and safety, Mark oversees the construction management of all energy-related projects. To date, Mark has lead the Steel Nation team in over 1,500 projects for all of the leading mid-stream, gas processing and transmission energy companies.
- University of Pittsburgh, BA Economics
- Safety Certifications: OSHA-10, MSHA, PECS/SAFELAND & ISNetworld
- Professional Membership: Marcellus Shale Coalition, Appalachian Basin Gas Processing Association, Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Awards and Recognition: Who’s Who in Energy: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
- Board Member: Pennsylvania DEP Citizens Advisory Council and the PA DEP Environmental Quality Board
- Former Board Member: Washington PA Habitat for Humanity, Little Lake Theatre (Canonsburg, PA)