Construction Project Engineer
Steel Nation is a Turn-Key Construction & Engineering Firm with focus in the Energy, Water/Wastewater, Healthcare, Commercial and Heavy industrial sector. To best serve our clients, Steel Nation is made up of three synergistic divisions: Steel Nation Buildings, Steel Nation Engineering, and Steel Nation Environmental.
The Steel Nation Construction Project Engineer role is an exciting new opportunity to join the region’s premier construction and engineering firm. The Construction Project Engineer will assist the Project Management team in monitoring subcontractors, inspecting project progress, interfacing with internal & external customers while helping to maintain budgets and deadlines.
- In coordination with Project Managers and the Director of New Construction assist in the management of subcontractors throughout the construction process, including addressing performance and quality issues; enforcing safety policies and procedures; monitoring and addressing behavioral issues; communicating project objectives and changes with subcontractors.
- As directed by the project management team, participate in managing the project goals, changes, expectations and outcomes
- Provide effective communication and leadership to subcontractors, clients, and all associated project partners.
- Promote safe working practices and enforce safety protocol.
- Maintain relationships and coordinate with all on-site inspectors.
- Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor, vendor, and supplier relationships.
- When required, lead and manage all daily/weekly job site meetings
- Assist subcontractors by managing the punch list close out process on assigned jobs.
- Limited overnight travel required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction project management.
- OSHA 10 Hour or OSHA 30 Hour Certification required.
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience.
- PMP Certification a plus.
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit, with excellent decision-making ability.
- Safety orientation with a quality focus.
- Excellent leadership and organizational ability.
- Proven detail-orientation and analytical skills.
- Excellent relationship building, customer service, and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
We offer a full compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity for professional growth with a leading construction and engineering company who focuses on our clients and service.